8th October 2009

Dear Diary,
I don’t know where I am. I don’t what time it is. All I know is how I got here. It seems weird writing this but it’s the only the thing that can comfort me right now. I guess it all started when our class got the chance to go to Miami on a school trip. Only half the class were going. The ones that didn’t go soon realised that they were extremely lucky. So we took a coach to the airport. The coach was fine except for the fact that the last people on it obviously hadn’t felt too great. The thick smell of sick lingered through the air. Many were almost sick themselves but managed to hold it in until they reached the toilet.
When we finally got to the airport everyone was tired. At least it was sunny I had thought to myself. We walked to the check in point and everything was fine, although it was as boring as hell! After about 2 hours he finally got on the plane. Our seats weren’t exactly first class but it was all any of us needed. My ears had popped which gave the signal that the plane was in air. I had a look outside and saw a little droplet of rain streak down my window. Nothing to worry about I had thought to myself. I tried getting to sleep at the earliest possibility and easily dosed.
The pilots announcing their “we will be experiencing some air turbulence” speech in their annoyingly casual voices strangely awaked me. I looked out the window. It was pouring down with rain. Nobody seemed too scared actually. Until the plane was struck by lightning! The first strike came with a loud thud. The second was even louder. Lights were suddenly flashing lights all over the place and the oxygen masks dropped. I could almost smell the fear. People were screaming and running around frantically. It was then that the pilots told us we had actually just entered the Bermuda triangle! Mr. Curtis-Brignall had tried to open a door to jump out but as he was falling the only working engine sucked him in and spat him out the other end in millions of tiny red cubes. Ms McCauley on the other hand, had been found electrocuted in the roof of the toilet. She had obviously been jolted up into one of the wires during the turbulence. The puffy yellow slides were let down and everybody put on their life jackets and slid of. As I reached the water I could see some of my classmates slowly drifting away from me. I had known then that I would never see them again.
I had been slowly drifting for ages. The water was freezing although it had been made slightly warmer by my occasional pee. My muscles were stretched and I was exhausted. After, what felt like 4 hours, I was finally washed up on these here shores. I had no idea if it any other inhabitants and to be honest I didn’t care. Luckily for me there was an emergency, waterproof phone in my life jacket, but ironically it had no signal. At least I could still write this diary on it. So here I am, to tired too build a shelter. Awake enough to write this. I guess I will just have to fall asleep under a tree nearby. Whether I will be alive tomorrow I do not know.Goodnight.

9 comments:

its quite scary but good ;)
from Ed(My brother)

OMG! That was so good! It makes mine look rubbish!
I love the bit about the teachers death!!

I agree - this is excellent work Will! You definitely win the prize for best teachers' deaths so far...

Very good, much longer than mine I like that the teachers die in a very scary way!

hello every 1 im here the island is a place were many people have been trapped in there, dats wat we hav been learnin about in da past week, i think its a very gd subject 2 learn about

Well done Will your story is good.

An excellent piece of descriptive writing Will. I really enjoyed reading this. I like the way you explain your feelings and create a powerful atmosphere with sound and light effects. Your vocabulary is subtle and sophisticated.

hmmmmm its a bit short isnt it Will im dissapointed with u mine makes urs look rubbish

jerome said i agree

its well good will the whole taecher thing is much better then the one in mine and well done fab

Post a Comment

About this blog

The amazing story of how class 7MW from Thomas Tallis School (Greenwich, London, UK) ended up stranded on a desert island and lived to tell their tales.

Blog Archive