20th July 2009
Dear Diary,
Where the hell am I? It's horrible on my own.Why did that happen? Why did I fall out of that damned cruise ship? I hate travelling now! It all started when I found 7MW were chosen to go on a cruise to Argentina. We were all enjoying ourselves on board. laying in the pool and eating in the buffet. It was around 7 when the waves started to act up. Apparently, it was nothing to worry abput and we all went indoors. 15 minutes kater, we wer rocking around in the ship and the water was rougher. The teachers went out to see what was happening and they fell off the ship and perished. The lights started flickering on and off. Everyone started to scream. Water came gushing inside the vessel. I tried to hold on to a broken window, while I watched my friends slip away with the water. I don't know if it was tears or the water but I still felt heartbroken that I hadn't tried to save them. As I was wallowing in despair, I felt my hands slipping off the ship. It was hard to hold on but I couldn't do it any longer. The last thing I saw was my hands letting go of the window and getting pulled into the water's embrace.
I woke up, water spluttering out of my mouth. I laid on white sand. I rubbed my head. I looked around confused and slapped myself. "Wake up Phoebe! It's just a dream!" I said to myself. I pinched myself. But nothing woke me up from this nightmare which was slowly becoming a horrible reality. "Hello?!" My dry voice echoed. "Is anyone there? You'd better not be tricking me or I will go mental!" No reply. I stood up wearily. I looked around the island. To the front of me was sea. Behind me a jungle. To the left and right of me, more beaches. I laughed nervously and started to panic. I paced up and down the beach. "What should I do? How are my parents? Where am I? Where are my friends? That's it I'm going to look for the others! They'll know what to do!" I swivled around on my heels and looked at the jungle. I took one step. "One step at time, it'll be alright. At least I have shoes on." I started to walk briskly, pushing back the branches in my way. Then I saw light coming through the other end. I started to run. A way out! A way out! Yes! I'm so clever! I thought to myself. Then as I sped through the last meter of foliage, I stepped on to sand. I looked aroung panting. "It's the same. The same way I went in. Same rocks, same footprints. This sucks!" I got a twig and threw it into the ocean. I heard it hiss as it dropped into the water. "It was a snake..." I said to myself quietly. I sighed and dropped down onto the sand. There was a vacant cave and I crawled into it. I laid down on the cold floor and waited for my eyes to shut.

5 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

Very good phebes i hope mine is as good as yours (^-^)

An excellent start Phoebe. A bit more detail would make this even better - what happened next?

who wrote that second comment?

dats well good phoebe

Post a Comment

About this blog

The amazing story of how class 7MW from Thomas Tallis School (Greenwich, London, UK) ended up stranded on a desert island and lived to tell their tales.

Blog Archive